Our qualified and experienced optometrists are dedicated to providing the very best standards of professional care. We have invested in the latest digital retinal scanning technology, Optos Daytona and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) to give you the most advanced eye examination available.
We are accredited to the Bristol OHT Glaucoma Monitoring scheme and the Bristol Cataract Follow-up service.
Reasons why regular eye examinations are important
- An eye examination can pick up any signs of eye disease – this is usually easier to deal with if found early
- Your sight will be checked and made clearer or more comfortable
- An eye examination checks for signs of underlying general health conditions that sometimes show in the eyes
We allow 40 minutes for our eye examinations so that we have plenty of time to make a thorough check on your eyesight and on the health of your eyes. We are used to seeing people of all ages, including very young children. Our tests can be adapted for people who have difficulty in communicating or understanding.
Private eye examination fee – £26.00
Many people are entitled to an NHS sight test. Please check NHS Entitlement to see details.
All our eye examinations include advanced digital retinal scanning at no extra charge.
MECS (Minor Eye Conditions Service)
Troubled by sore eyes or dry eyes? Book a MECS appointment with one of our optometrists who will examine your eyes and recommend a course of action.
MECS fee – £25.00 (Children free of charge)
Eye Health Check
Problems with your vision or worried about unusual symptoms? Book an Eye Health Check with one of our optometrists. They will thoroughly check the health of your eyes and advise on the need for treatment and/or referral to a specialist.
Symptoms that should always be checked promptly
- The sudden appearance of black spots or ‘floaters’ in your vision.
- Flashing lights in your vision
- The feeling of a ‘curtain’ or a ‘veil’ coming over your vision.
- Sudden loss of vision or intermittent loss of vision.
- Painful eye
If you are concerned about your eyes or your vision please contact us. We will advise you on the best course of action to take.
Eye Health Check fee – £26.00